The Library is a VTDK division, providing professional information services and access to information resources needed for studies.
There are three libraries of VTDK:
- the Library of the Civil Engineering faculty (Antakalnio st. 54),
- the Library of the Technical and Design faculties (Olandu st. 16),
- the Library of the Petras Vileisis Railway Transport faculty (Kalinausko st. 7).
Working hours: Monday – Thursday: 7.45 – 18.00, Friday: 7.45 – 16.00.
Contacts: 8 5 230 2016, email@example.com, Facebook: VTDK Biblioteka.
The Library is open to everyone. VTDK community members can:
- get any information needed;
- borrow books home (need to have a Student Card or an ID card);
- study or spend leisure time in reading-rooms;
- use computers in the Library;
- print and make copies (need to buy a special card at the delivery-desk);
- connect to the wireless Internet (password is given in the Library);
- use 3 subscribed databases EBSCO, Taylor&Francis, Emerald Management in the Library and at home;
- participate in the courses and any events, organized by the Library;
The Library is rich in various kinds of information resources. Most Library books are in the open funds. The Library has RFID security equipment for using the funds. The information about the publications available in the Library funds and their location can be found in the Virtual Library < https://www.lvb.lt/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?vid=VTDK&dscnt=0&dstmp=1476095420491&vid=VTDK&backFromPreferences=true >. Publications can be read in the Library or borrowed home for a term specified (whole semester, month, week or day)
The Library offers students and teachers 3 subscribed databases: EBSCO, Taylor&Francis, Emerald Management < http://www.vtdko.lt/bibliotekos-duomenu-bazes >. They provide access to the whole text articles from scientific journals, newspapers, books, conference materials, etc. The members of the community use all those databases free of charge. Access to the databases is possible either from computerized working places in the college or from personal computer at home (you need to ask for login information at first).
In order to help prepare their trip as well as make their stay pleasant, all foreign exchange students are each assigned a local Erasmus+ club mentor who is ready to help them with all sorts of issues, and also to introduce them to local student life.
The name of the mentor (and his/her contact details) is sent to incoming Erasmus+ students prior to their arrival.
Banks are open from Monday to Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Some banks (mostly in shopping malls) are also open in the evenings and on weekends.
All major credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard/Euro card, Diner’s Club, and American Express are accepted in Lithuania.
Payments for goods and services are accepted in the local currency - Euro.
There are self-service, coin-operated washing and drying machines in the dormitory. The cost is 2 Euros for 1 washing or drying cycle.
Bed sheets at the dormitory are changed upon request.