Vision and Mission
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design –
- A leader in Lithuania in preparing professional, European-standard-compliant engineering and design field practitioners;
- A higher education institution that fosters a learning organization culture, where lecturers and students set ambitious professional development goals and contribute to the development of a sustainable society through their implementation;
- An entrepreneurial institution that sustains close cooperation with social partners and provides professional services to business.
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design is your partner in creating a sustainable society! We prepare responsible specialists – members of the sustainable society – in the fields of engineering and design. We make the results of our scientific research and development of technologies accessible and valuable to business and the general public. We seek to consolidate our status as a higher education institution where people are given opportunity to realize their potential, where social welfare is created and environmental responsibility is fostered. Being focused on the welfare of our College students, staff and partners and realizing our role in the Lithuanian education system prompted us to make sustainable society our development policy. We are contributing to the development of a sustainable society in three dimensions:
- Social dimension – by fostering general skill of specialists prepared by our College, promoting self-expression and participation in societal activities.
- Ecologic dimension – by focusing the content of the study programs and applied scientific research on environmental protection, rational use of natural resources and other elements of sustainable ecologic environment.
- Economic dimension – by ensuring quality of education and graduates’ skill compliance with the needs of the labor market, making scientific achievements accessible and valuable to business and the general public.
The core values that we embrace are:
- Academic ethics
- Social responsibility